|Posted on March 12, 2017 at 5:15 PM||comments (6)|
Our office will be closed for company training and software updates the week of March 20th to March 24th. During this week, we will be monitoring emails, setting up appointments for new management requests and real estate sales, processing applications, processing work orders and monitoring showing requests virtually every few hours during the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm, weekdays.
SCHEDULE A SHOWING ON A SALE LISTING:
Real Estate Agents, please schedule all showings through the MLS Showingtime Link or call Centralized Showing at 775-324-3241. Please leave a card and feedback after showing, thank you.
SCHEDULE A SHOWING ON A RENTAL:
If you are interested in an available rental and would like to schedule a showing for a self-guided tour on a vacant home, please click this link https://showmojo.com/a1c1c5201b/listings/mapsearch. A valid Driver’s License or Credit Card is required. After viewing the home, please turn off all interior lights and lock all doors when leaving. Thank you
APPLY FOR A RENTAL:
If you'd like to apply on a rental please visit our website at: http://www.welcomehm.com/rentals-2, Click the “Apply Now” by the property you wish to apply for. IMPORTANT: Please read the application requirements at the bottom of the rentals tab page before appling.
If you need to submit a repair service order, these are handled on your tenant portal. To access your tenant portal please go to our website at www.Welcomehm.com. Click Tenants, click the Tenant Portal button. The direct link is https://welcomehomepropmgmt.appfolio.com/connect/users/sign_in.
If this is an EMERGENCY repair request, please phone or text Erika (775) 229-6460 or John (775) 857-9941 in addition to the work order.
|Posted on March 25, 2016 at 2:25 AM||comments (1)|
From our Family to Yours, We Wish You a Most Blessed Easter!
Our office will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. We will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, March 29th.
|Posted on August 30, 2015 at 9:40 PM||comments (0)|
This is a great post written by Richard Hart EA, CAA, President at Hart & Associates, www.Hartassociate.com
I get asked about the rules regarding US Depreciation of Income producing rental property quite often. Below is a list of some basic rules.
- Residential buildings (dwellings, apartment buildings, condominiums, and co-op apartments) must be depreciated over 27.5 years.
- You cannot depreciate the land value. That must be capitalized.
- Furnishings may be depreciated over 5 years.
- Paint jobs generally are a current expense, irrespective of how much one costs, unless they are part of a remodeling, or are incurred before the property is put in service. In those instances, painting must be capitalized.
- It seems that in IRS audits, they will accept what is done in the industry in general, and allow an expenditure of $500 or less (for an appliance for example) as a current deduction.
- Generally, the costs of looking for property to acquire aren’t a current deduction, but must be capitalized into the cost of whatever property ultimately is acquired.
- Repair type expenditures made before the building or apartment is put in service have to be capitalized. Consequently, if a taxpayer purchases a building which comes with the need to fix or repair a lot of deferred maintenance before being able to rent it, those expenses still must be capitalized; they are not a current deduction.
- Costs are deductible as a repair if they are incidental in nature, neither adding to the value of the property nor appreciably prolonging its useful life. Likewise, expenditures for material and supplies consumed during the year may be deducted in full for that year.
- Items that must be capitalized:
- The HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system, including motors compressors, boilers, furnace, chillers, pipes, ducts, and radiators.
- Plumbing system (including pipes, drains, valves, sinks, bathtubs, toilets, water and sewer collection equipment.
- Electrical systems (including wiring, outlets, junction boxes, lighting fixtures, and site utility equipment used to distribute electricity from the property line to and between buildings.
- All elevators
- Security systems.
|Posted on August 18, 2015 at 1:40 AM||comments (1)|
Welcome Home has a new mailing address begining August 2015.
4790 Caughlin Pkwy, #778, Reno, NV 89519
|Posted on December 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM||comments (0)|
As a family owned and operated business, we feel so blessed to have had an amazing year with clients, tenants and vendors. Thank you for choosing Welcome Home. We wish you a truly beautiful, joyful, and blessed Christmas!